Arts education teaches children to communicate with the world using alternative ways, solve problems creatively and encourages personal initiative. Art makes a vital contribution to the development of emotional and intellectual intelligence.
Arts reduce stress level in children and boost their self-esteem. In an art class students use variety of mediums: fabric, clay, paper, paint that inspire ideas and present opportunities for creative expression. Art promotes cognitive development which positively reflects on children’s overall performance in school.
We offer the following options of art activities for schools:
· ART CLUB – a weekly class is all about creativity and fun. We design versatile and engaging programme, provide instructors and materials and come to your school to teach or host your students at The Art Centre.
· ART CURRICULUM – an art programme created specifically for you to meet your needs in visual arts education.
· SCHOOL TRIPS – a special art event designed to ignite students’ creativity, socialize and have a wonderful time while creating a masterpiece in a group or individually. You can choose the following activities:
- Canvas/t-shirt/apron painting
Schools we work with:
· Light Academy Kindergarten
· Light Academy International Secondary
· Bunks and Biddles
· Braeburn Garden Estate
· Trinity International Kindergarten
· Kiddie Steps Montessori
· Cavina School
· Kibera Girls
· St. Andrew’s Turi